talk me out of buying a '97 Land Cruiser?

I want one of these as a family adventure vehicle. I am attracted by the size of the vehicle combined with the fact that it's a Toyota. I have kids and dogs and it seems perfect for getting us all, and a bunch of camping/canoeing/skiing/etc crap, to the places I like to go, which are generally remote.

I've narrowed my search to '96 and '97 model years because i want dual airbags up front.

I realize there are many many smaller SUV's out there, but I really want something big. I am so tired of us being packed like sardines into my Jeep or our Volvo. I know the gas mileage sucks but it would not be used for commuting; I have the Volvo for that.

If I'm missing anything here, and they suck for some reason, please tell me! Soon!

Thank you!

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

I had one - liked it a lot but it was sloooooow with that L-6 engine needed front brakes every 20K miles only major repair - and was very hard to diagnose was failing fuel pump (in the gas tank)

Reply to
Flip Flop