'97 Land Cruiser??

I am looking for a snow vehicle, saw a 97 Land Cruiser with 130,000 miles on a lot selling for $8700. Other than the fact that this thing is really big (looks bigger than the Lincoln and Caddy SUVs), I know very little about the Land Cruiser. It is so big, would it really be any good in the snow or off road? What about gas milage?

I have a Camry and a Lexus; would the Land Cruiser be as reliable as these cars? Any particular "weak spots" to look for? Vehicle looks to be in very good condition, is $8700 a fair price? Will it hold its value? What kind of engine, a Tundra V8? If the Land Cruiser was well maintained, is 200,000 miles reasonable before major problems like engine and drivetrain? I'd like to hear your experiences with the Land Cruiser, good or bad. Thanks

Reply to
TANKIE

One of the most capable SUV's on the market for offroad use, look for the electric locking front and rear differential for an added bonus (small switch directly in front of your left hand if you were at 3 and 9 on the steering wheel.)

14-17.

Absolutely.

Market is a little sour right now with fuel prices, but that is condsiderably lower than the going rate, even with miles.

Nope, the inline 4.5L six. 97 was the last year before the 4.7 was introduced in the LC. 212HP and bulletproof.

Check ebay and autotrader.com...its very common to see these well into the 200K range.

Dave

Reply to
A57Redfish