Any (newer) Land Cruiser owners here?

I've been considering one as a family "tank". We get out camping, skiing, etc a lot and somehow my other 3 vehicles are not quite getting it done! The TJ is too small, the Volvo is 2wd, and the Nissan 4x4 is too old.

I am looking at mid-90's models. How are they? Are they really so good as to justif the high prices? A '94 with150K can sell for as much as a 2000 Cherokee with 60K miles!!

Thanks for any help!

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

There are no Land Cruiser owners here. That is, ther emight be a few, but this group does not attract them because they have a Land Cruiser, they come here because they also have a Jeep brand product.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

exactly - you can say Jeeps are better than anything else, but not what that anything else is :-)

Reply to
Dave Milne

I have sent you a private email - so I don't get flamed here.

John

Reply to
John Davies

Well, that's no fair! No PM's here! Chicken!

Reply to
JimG

I've got a friend who has a 51 Land Cruiser, great car, carries 6 people comfortably and can cruise all day at 70+.

Studebaker made the only REAL Land Cruisers!

In a vain attempt to keep this remotely on topic I wish Studebaker had built a OHV six that was nearly as good as the 4.0 in my good old Cherokee!

Jeff DeWitt

Handywired wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt