TDA, Holdback, & WFR

If dealers pay the manufacturer TDA, holdback and WFR but will receive a refund on holdback and WFR, then why are they including them in the price I pay? Doesn't that mean that the dealer will receive holdback and WFR twice? Once from the dealer (refund=no profit) and once from me (profit)! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Busthead

Happened to me on holdback (not sure what the other are) -- I agree with your logic!

Reply to
Wolfgang

typically, if the vehicle is not sold after 30days from delivery, interest from their bank kicks in.

if you can see the VIR on the VIN you are after, you can haggle out a few dealer costs that they get back, but not all because some are true dealer costs just to be in business.

i believe Toyota holdback is 4% of MSRP.

if you can get it for $500-$1200 over dealer invoice (dealer invoice minus holdback + [500-1200]) you got a good deal. i prefer to buy only from the honest dealer even if that means i'm paying the high end of over-invoice. honest dealers are hard to find.... if they won't show you the VIR for the VIN, shop another dealer, it's that simple... never believe "sold under invoice" crap, that's never the case !!

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Scott, technically, its really none of your buisness. These are confidential prices and unless you are a dealer, it doesnt include you. All you need to be concerend in the final price you negotiate. Be it below cost etc.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

No, its less than that.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

I've got twenty seven thousand dollars that makes it's my business! Last I heard the government wasn't putting "confidential" stamps on VIRs.

Reply to
Busthead

No, its not your buisness, your buisness is to negotiate a final selling price, what the dealer paid for it, profits etc. is none of your buisness. If you want to make it your buisness, why dont you take that

27K and buy a Toyota dealership. Then it will be your buisness. Now if a dealer would like to volunteer that info, fine, but you have no "right" to it! Got it butthead?
Reply to
MDT Tech®