Thinking about Magnaflow and coldair intake,please help!

2003 Tundra 4x4, sr5 access cab. Love this truck, but it's just dead at the low end (around 3 thousand rpm), and the sound at the muffler is less than thrilling, even at full acceleration. Do you think the Magnaflow/cold air intake will help, performance OR sound wise? Even if it doesn't help performance much, but sounds awesome I'll be happy.... but if it's going to hurt performance, then I don't want to do it. Your advice is needed!

I'm a performance virgin, any help is appreciated!

M.Dirksen snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
molex

The truck already has a cold air intake stock. Intake systems like the K&N are tuned for high rpm. Root around the K&N website...they used to have a dyno graph posted for the Tundra. As I remember, the K&N lost 2 or 3 hp below about 3000 rpm and boosted hp about 10 @ 4500-5000.

If the muffler and pipes are made larger there's usually a loss of low end power.

S&S Headers has a new long tube header set which replaces everything from the heads to the muffler. The two guys who've been running the first two sets are very pleased with the results from about 2500 rpm up.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Some Toyota dealers even offer these exhaust systems as an option. A coworker has one installed on his Tundra. It seems to give the truck a more agressive sound. Hope this helps!

Reply to
Fogerty Family

May I suggest something that I have been scrutinizing for awhile: it's the Ram Air Performance cold air intake for Tundras.

Check this site:

About a hunnert bucks for the parts and a shadetree mechanic can install it on the driveway or in the garage. Under an hour installation. With that in mind, the RAP system coupled with the K&N FIPK just might be the ticket for horsepower, sound and mpg that's sure to put a smile on any Tundra owners face.

Since early,

FCGrabo

Reply to
FCGrabo