Torque setting question

Hi, I don't have access to a maintenance book. Could someone tell me the inch/ foot pounds torque for the drive shaft bolt on a 2002 Tacoma 2WD? This is a routine 30k mile maint. item.

Thanks

Reply to
BillC

I recall its specified as 39 or 40 ft.lbs. in my '85 4Runner Factory Service Manual. I use a pair of long handled, 14mm combination wrenches and squeeze them tight between both hands to tighten them, as I find I can't get a proper torque wrench on them.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown

A 14mm crowfoot will work, mounted 90° to the handle of a torque wrench. I haven't found one loose yet on my Tundra.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton