Toyota Brake Light Problem

I have a 98 Tacoma w/ 3.4L and 58k miles. My Brake light has been coming on frequently. Sometimes when I release the brake the light stays on for a while. Other times when I am accelorating it comes on and stays on till I take my foot off the gas. The front disc pads were changed 25k miles ago, but the rear drum pads are original! If I change my rear pads will that fix the problem? Will toyota charge me $98 to diagnose the problem? Thanks in advance

Reply to
D G

Have you checked the brake fluid level? It has a small float in the brake fluid reservoir that will turn on the brake light if your fluid is low.

Reply to
BB TACO