toyota rv towing capacity

can a 1978 toyota rv with a 20R engine and manual tansmission safly tow a vw beetle?

Reply to
mrconductor

LOL, I have a 78 mini-Mirage and it barely pulls itself. 60 mph is about tops, but that's as fast as I care to go in it anyways. I'll put it this way; when I turn on the AC going up a hill, I can feel the engine bog down, yet alone pulling a car. This engine runs great too, so that's not an issue. Mainly due to speed contraints and the uncomfortable drivers seat, I try to keep the thing within 2 hours of home. Not to say that I dont trust the thing...I'm sure it would make it across the country, but I wouldn't.

Reply to
chuck

You might try posting to rec.outdoors.rv-travel or alt.rv, I've seen a few people in there that are familiar with the old Toyota RVs

Reply to
Steve Elmore