Toyota 4Runner Windshield Replacement - Trim

Had to have the windshield replaced recently in my 2000 4Runner. Replacement glass (aftermarket) was scratched and glass shop happily agreed to do it over. "We should have noticed, unfortunately we get the odd one with a scratch". Rubber trim was also replaced (top and sides as one piece) but turned out very uneven. After checking out other 4Runners with original glass (PPG) it's obvious the trim isn't in correctly. Interestingly, two I've seen where windshields have been replaced suffer from the same uneven trim. Therefore, my question is, has any 4Runner owner had their windshield and trim replaced where the trim ended up flush to the body (across the entire top and corners)with consistent spacing throughout? Is this even achievable with a replacement? Is this a byproduct of not using a Toyota supplied windshield? Have yet to re-schedule the replacement of the replacement

Reply to
Johnson

I don't know about 4Runner's but i'm on my third windsheild on a 2003 Tacoma, first time I had it dealer replaced and the second time I had it replaced by an aftermarket auto glass shop, both times the glass fit snug to the body and no visual differences to the original, but the time it takes to set may have effect on the way the windsheild turns out. Both times I was forced to pay for 3.5 hours of shop time when the truck was just sittin there letting the windsheild set.

Reply to
Biohazard