Toyota trucks, what years to look for?

Hi all; i posted a while back about purchasing a new truck, but i will be unable to do so. Anyway, to make a long story short, i was wondering what year toyota trucks should i look for specifically? I'm looking for something mid-80's up to maybe 95..any years in particular troublesome or better? any opinions would be great appreciated.

Thank

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

I'm assuming you're looking at Taco class. If that's the case, Toyota hasn't made a bad truck, not ever. However, pretty much all toys come from the factory with the tuning maxed to the displacement. therefore, the regular maintenance is critical. look for a truck that is not only straight, has good tires and brakes, but has a history of oil changes every 3000 miles.

Reply to
?reality

Do you know when they went to solid axle? EFI? would i be better off with a solid axle or IFS?

thanks! TB

"?reality"

Reply to
Trailblazer
85 toyota truck... last year of solid front axle first year of EFI.... hope this helps yah out.

---------------------------------------

81' toyota 4x4 project in progress Check it out
Michael J. Gulley

Reply to
?reality

i guarantee that your '81 4wd did not have IFS. They had straight axles until '86 which was the first year of IFS.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I never said, nor implied my '81 was a 4wd. I am however at great fault for assuming the 4wd front suspension was similar to the 2wd. Please accept my apology.

Reply to
?reality