toyota video

a while ago someone posted a link to a couple of toyota videos where that put a 8ot thereabouts model p/u through some major stuff ie, driving into water, running through a building then at the end placing it on top a building being demolished. I was wondering if anyone still had those links around or a copy of the videos. If I remeber right they were from england.

Thanx

Reply to
Psycho

Here is an awesome video:

This is a great video from Top Gear featuring a 1985 Toyota 2L Hilux diesel that is put through some astonishing torture tests in an attempt to "break it".

Windows Media

51.3mb - 20mins 28secs running time

And here is 1984 Toyota pickup pulled from an alaskan river:

Sidney=AE =99 Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 246 000 KM=20

O=20 |\ __O=20 _|_| \

Reply to
sidneybek

Awesome videos and glaring testimony of Toyota's quality. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Pity that the new ones wont last as long eh.

Reply to
Scotty

I think the Toy is the toughest truck out there, We have had four so far, and not ONE had failed us. My present 90 4runner has some rust and 165000 on it but she runs like new and still gets 16 MPG city. Shes goin into the garage (mine) for DEC and in Jan when she comes out she'll be like new, it the body department that is, I'm not going to mess with anything else.

Even my newer (97) Ford has had major problems (timing chain, broken blend door (no heat) and ball joints 3 X, transfe case sensor and MAFS) Toyota is still original cept for tires, brakes and exhaust.

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher1

I don't know that the new ones are inferior to the old ones. Maybe some kind soul will donate a new(er) model so we can do a similar test on it. :-)

Reply to
davidj92

those were just what I was looking for....thanks

Reply to
Psycho