New Tacoma charge light comes on intermittently

Rhett Starr Nov 12, 9:20 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.autos.toyota From: "Rhett Starr" - Find messages by this author Date: 12 Nov 2005 21:20:45 -0800 Local: Sat, Nov 12 2005 9:20 pm Subject: Tacoma Alternator Light comes on intermittently Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse

The alternator warning light comes on intermittently on this new (06) truck, stays on for a few seconds, or a few minutes, goes on & off erratically like that for anywhere from a minute or two up to 10-20 minutes - then goes for long periods without coming on at all. Happens

at idle as well as freeway speeds. So far I haven't had a dead battery or any other problems, because it doesn't seem to last long enough to affect the charge or the engine. Sometimes if it's cruising at freeway speed & the light is on, it will go off it I touch the accelerator a little harder, so it does seem to be a charging problem, rather than just a simple problem with the light.

This looks like one of those electrical things that's going to be hard to find. I'm wondering what to look for.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Rhett Starr

don't tacomas have a warranty? try letting the dealer handle it

Reply to
Karl Rove