transfer box heat

i just drove my 1995(.5) tacoma 4wd from washington state to connecticut. i noticed around montana or so (butte area) that my transfer case shifter was getting rather warm. is this normal? if not, what should i do to remedy the problem. if you would please respond via email at snipped-for-privacy@runbox.com thank you alfred klek

Reply to
al klek

Somewhat normal, t-case gets hotter the faster you drive and the warmer the outside air temps are due to the gear drive inside. A good synthetic gear oil can help lower the oprating temps:

Roger Brown