accord ex 6 cyl mileage

Ex V6 and I get around 25-26 city and 28-30 on long trips moving along at 75-80 mph. MLD
Reply to
MLD
2004 EX-L 4 cyl. w/automatic tranny, lifetime (14k miles) average 25.5 mpg, basically "suburban" driving, Minnesota climate.
rpm
Reply to
onerpm
2001 V6 Accord Automatic, 133,000 km.
Consistently returns 32-37 mpg city and 36-42 mpg highway. These are the average ratings through the entire year (with the A/C on most of the time). Also, they are based on Imperial gallons.
The very best mileage I received from this car, was last year when it gave me 44 mpg all highway.
Brian
Reply to
Brian Smith
Recall the Imperial gal is about a qt more than the U.S. gal -- hence the higher mileage readings. But, everyone knows that.........
Reply to
TWW
1 Imperial Gallon = 1.2 US Gallon (actually more nearly 1.2009)
32 I-MPG city (26 US-MPG) and 36 hiway I-MPG (30 US-MPG) is higher than what I've typically heard
Perhaps he is very gentle on the pedal.
Reply to
Brian Stell
18 mpg city...actually started a thread about this subject a few months ago.330 kms. approx. per tank. no codes appearing,proper tire inflation,new plugs,and not that bad on the pedal.
Reply to
slider
I have been told that at times . Cruise control at every opportunity, and looking far enough ahead to see any reason for braking, to avoid having to brake unnecessarily.
Brian
Reply to
Brian Smith
There is such a thing as masterful driving for gas economy. I drive a 5 speed and play a game of 'not touching the brake' unless I have to. One thing I like is to just use gentle downshifting and not even having to apply the brake when coming to stop. I did this in the left lane in a 2 forward lane intersection that was stopped on red light. The left lane had one car the right had 2. I did one of my no brake stops and just rolled up to the one car stopped in fron of me in the left and let gravity roll me back a bit. This movement short circuited the high strung lady in the right lane and she mashed on her gas and ran right into the bumper of the stopped car in front of her! I felt kinda of bad about the illusion of movement with the smooth pedal technique, oh well. Sorry lady!
Reply to
MAT
LOL! I imagine she was wound up a bit.
I drive tractor trailer and I try to not use anything other than the engine braking (that's not using the engine brake ) to slow me down whether I'm in the city or on the highway. The cost savings on not having to do unnecessary brake jobs truly adds up over a million miles.
Brian
Reply to
Brian Smith
My 04 EX 4cyl auto gets 25-27 every tank in-town with a/c as we live in Phoenix. 33-35 hiway depending on wind. Scott
Reply to
zonie

Site Timeline Threads

  • I have a 2000 Chrysler cirrus with a 2.4l and I replaced the thermostat and it...
  • site's newest in

    Chrysler Cars