Tundra Special Order?

Just wondering... how long would it take for a special order Tundra to be delivered?

Reply to
HJK

Ask the dealer......?? :-@

Reply to
Jsmerk

Sure, when I need a hole in the head.

Reply to
HJK

2-3 Months
Reply to
Dan J.S.

I called Toyota HQ today and was told that Toyota does not do special order. But they will search regional inventory if you ask. At which point there was no point in talking any further. I think I'll be getting an F-150 instead. I am disappointed because the Tundra was my first choice. All I wanted was a

3.4L 5 speed manual in with the power convenience package (power windows & locks)... I have been to 4 Toyota dealers around here and none of them stock it with that option here in the North East, or so I was told by the dealer.
Reply to
HJK

Ford is trash. The new F-150 is full of gremlins. If you just HAVE to have a Ford, at least wait one or 2 model years to eliminate the flaws that are ALWAYS there in a completely new model. It's your money though. Waste it if you want but don't say I didn't warn you.

Reply to
Free Rider

Well, I ordered an 04 Tundra and was told it should take 6-7 weeks. After 13 weeks I told the dealership I was no longer interested. That Tundra did arrive after almost 15 weeks. No problem with the dealership, I now plan to order an 05 early in the new model year.

This experience was >

Reply to
Joe Ragland

Wonder where you are? I'm searching for a Tacoma Reg cab 4x4 with no success in the Western and California Regions. I would also consider a Tundra Reg Cab 4x4, but they are gone too.

Reply to
Alesandra

I am in the North East. I did not pay much attention to the Taco, but as for the Tundra - I don't think I have seen any Reg Cab models on the lots I have been to. Access Cab seems to be in short supply, and there is ALOT of Double Cab. If I wanted I double I'd be out there dealing right now.

I wonder if they are normally low stock levels or what?

Reply to
HJK

Was looking for a Tundra with regular cab and a 8' box. First of all the sales guy said-Toyota does not make a Tundra with an 8' box-showed him on their literature that they do in fact make a Tundra with an 8' box-he then looks on the Toyota Tundra production schedule for the next 3 months-they are building only 4 of these things for the Middle Worst. But hey if you want big cabs, 4x4 and a big honking V8-they are plenty of those around. Trip to a Chevy dealer revealed they had their lot covered with only loaded trucks.

When the interest rates go back up and sales slow down-they maybe more responsive but for now they appear to only want to sell loaded vehicles.

Reply to
butch burton

I think for a real truck, a Ford F-150 is the way to go. I love Toyota to death, and I own it, but nothing beats reliability and durability of the Ford f-150.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

My 1990 Toyota has been far more reliable than the 1991 F-150. Each has a job that the other cannot do. But the repair files state a pretty clear history for each of my trucks.

Reply to
Alesandra