tune-up for a 2000 4Runner.

I have a 2000 4Runner 4WD with 30K miles. The 30K miles are mostly highway mileage. I only use the 4WD 2 to 3 times a year when I go skiing. So, what kind of things that I need to do for a 30K miles tune-up? I want to get it done before I take my truck to a smog check.

Thanks.

Reply to
rp

It is all detailed in your owner's manual. Mainly you'll renew spark plugs and all filters, and flush & renew coolant, plus oil change & lube of the driveshaft if it has fittings. I'd also do a drain & refill of the automatic transmission (4 quarts of ATF?). If you did a lot of towing or other heavy work of the truck, I'd do a complete transmission flush & fluid renewal.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

and diff's. that's a good mileage mark to change the diff oil (while you're doing the other items), especially if the oil is still oem oil...

Reply to
Kryptoknight