what are the sings of bad ecm

what are the sings of a bad ecm when its getting ready to quit?? any ideas 95 toyota 2.7

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

I could be wrong, but when it quits, it quits... i don't think there's a grey area... it either is good or it's bad... when it's bad, you'll know it...

Atleast, when the ECM went out on an MX6 I had, it went....

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

the reasion iam asking is the dealer told me that there was a service bullton that said if u get a bad idle it cuse the ecm is bad but othere then the ruff idle i get 20-21 mpg i have tuned it up lots of time and run 87 in it i gess the mtb in cal could mak eit run crappy it does get up and go so iam not sure if there pulling my leg i just cant see paying 1127.58 for one and 150 to put it in thats nuts its only a 96 with 120,000 on it

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

have you changed wires, plugs, (cap and rotor if ya got one?)

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

yup did all that and pt a k&n air filter and run good gas and i run injector cleaner to no help ma its true u need to eplac e the ecm but god over 1000.00 buts for a 8 yr truck toyota has really gone down hill i know when i get rid of this truck IIL NEVER but toyota EVER a gain

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker