which aluminum truck cap to get?

I'm shopping for an aluminum truck cap for my Tacoma. I want it to be as high as possible and tapered since I may camp in it and I want to reduce wind drag.

Anyway, my local dealers are selling Leer, Trav-a-lite, and Century-caps, and maybe Jeraco.

However I did a google on Travalite and Jeraco and among the various results there were Department of Transportation listings of unspecified violations by Travalite and Jeraco and the resulting fines.

The 30-inch Travalite is $500 and the others are all $700. It seems logical that maybe Travalite's product may not past DOT muster and that's why it's cheaper, but I am wondering what other people have experienced or heard.

Thanks--

Reply to
ProfessorSparky