A.R.E. truck cap

Hi.

I am considering buying the A.R.E. MX series for a 2008 Silverado with a single T handle in the door. Does anyone have any experience with the A.R.E.? Thanks.

Bought a new ARE for a truck in 1990. Saw a lot of rough service and held up well.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I am currently running a GEM Top on one of my work trucks. The engineering is horrible. I have looked at other tops very carefully for newer trucks and finally settled on A.R.E. One of my former employees does similar type work for the local county buildings, and he went with an ARE cap on his service truck. I looked at it carefully, and recognize that it addresses every single issue I have had with my GEM top or just deos it way better. Price wise I can get the ARE cap for less than I paid for the GEM top 6 years ago. A.R.E. it is.

I'll let you know in a few years how it held up to continuous work duty.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

In a word, excellent!!! Mine is 10 years old and looks and operates like new.

Reply to
curmudgeon

Note: The A.R.E. cap is all aluminum including the frame. It is light weight, but might not be suitable for hauling a big stack of fiberglass ladders everyday.

Reply to
Bob La Londe