XM radio antenna installation location on a Tundra?

First off, if you don't have XM or Sirius, get it. It's awesome.

So anyway, I have this little magnetic intenna thingie to install. Right now I'm just running the wire for it over the dash and out the drivers door and it's stuck to the top of the roof. The door just closes on the wire. Works fine, just messy. I'd like to run it (the wire) through the firewall and mount the little antenna (about the size of a silver dollar) right in front of the windshield on the hood. I've never run a wire through a firewall. Anything I should know about this? :-)

Thanks!

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

How about following the radio's antenna-wire path and exiting where desired?

Ray

Reply to
<Ray>

Not sure which truck you have...I have 2003 Tundra Stepside Limited with power rear window. I ran my Sirius antenna wire from the roof over the power rear window, through the weather-strip, down the rear seats and under the door sills and carpet by the pedals. The radio is mounted completely out of the way under the ignition key (kind of hard for fingertip control...which makes the remote priceless). It worked great and the wire is virtually invisible. And I agree, if you have a chance to sample either service, you would probably agree it is well worth the money! The clarity of service and commercial free programming are awesome benefits.

Reply to
Bugsy Boner

I ran mine under the seat and out the rear slider. Works like a champ (XM)

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I ended up going under the steering wheel, through the drivers door between the hinges, and then under the hood. You can't see it at all until it comes out centered on the hood right near the windshield.

Thanks!

-jeff

in article 4BpNf.5$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Dan at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 3/1/06 2:52 PM:

Reply to