1973 gasket set (1700cc)

can anyone tell me what the ?? gaskets are?

Jen

Reply to
jboothbee

I've wondered that myself. I have more spare gaskets laying around and I have never seen anything come off my motor that remotely looks like they fit it.

I know they package gasket kits to fit several engines. It's cheaper to do that than sell many different kits. Most VW kits fit all ac VW engines.

Good luck, < TC

Reply to
tcrdn11
1600 gasket set = $10 1700 gasket set = $65

1600 head = $100

1700 head = $400

I'm putting the 1700 back together and selling it, to make money for a new 1600 for my other bus.

I would like to know which gaskets are supposed to be used for pushrod tubes.

Jen

Reply to
jboothbee

from type2.com mailing list:

Thanks!

Jen

Reply to
jboothbee

Pushrod tubes use o-rings. VERY early 1700's used a smaller tube. Very rare but out there.

Reply to
Karl

I'm reading offline now, so I haven't seen your photo, but for the type 4 engine there were early and late pushrod tubes and seals. Off hand I don't remember if the seals at both ends changed or if it was just one end, but there were at least 3 sizes of O-rings used, 2 sizes on any given engine, of course, on 1700 type 4 pushrod tubes.

Could these be what's confusing you?

-

Jim Adney