2.0 liter - type4 from car : from van differences????

Hi,

If I have the 2.0 litre core from a type 4 411(car) is it going to have any differences to a type4 2 liter out of a van.

Or if I build up the 2 litre from the 411 is it going to have any issues going into my van?

Anyone have an good info on the square to oval port of the head on the type4... how do you tell which you have kind of thing. Is one better than the other?

Thanks

William

Reply to
William Holmes

The 411/412 never came with a 2L engine, only 1.7L and 1.8L... For good info go to:

and enter the Type 4rum.

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Did you link to Joe Cali's IV site --- he has further links to other type IV info.

The 411 wasn't a2L -- but you can make a 1.7/1.8 into a 2L or better. Irecall on the 914 vice Van that the oil filler wasdifferent. And the 411 were all automatics (to myknowledge) so they will not have a flywheel. Suspect thecams might be differnet considering where power would beneeded in 411 vice van.

Reply to
Wolfgang

"Wolfgang" wrote

Hey Wolfgang, There were 4-speed 411/412s but they are very rare in North America (don't know where you are). Ray Greenwood, the Type 4 guru over at STF, says only around 2200 were imported to NA. Another T4 guru there, Tuna, says that the

4-speed two-door fastback was never officially sold in the US and that any of those went to Canada. Apparently, many more 4-speed Type 4s were sold in Europe and South Africa than in NA.
Reply to
Scott H