2018 Camry, may get a 2.0 litre turbo engine

Refacing for the World market other than the America's.

Following its unveiling at the Moscow motor show recently, we now have more details of the global-market Toyota Camry XV50 facelift and in particular, its new 2.0 litre four-cylinder engine. Seems there?s much more to this facelift than we think?

New 2.0 litre engine with VVT-iW, D-4S and EGR, mated to six-speed Multi-mode auto

The 1,998 cc, Euro 5-compliant engine features VVT-iW (Variable Valve Timing-intelligent Wide). VVT-iW debuted on the Lexus NX 200t?s direct-injected 2.0 litre turbo 8AR-FTS engine, enabling it to run in both Otto and modified-Atkinson cycles.

At low loads, the VVT-iW-equipped engine is capable of switching to a modified-Atkinson cycle to boost fuel economy. At higher revs, the engine can return to the Otto cycle for enhanced power delivery and performance. VVT-iW features standard VVT-i on the exhaust valves and VVT-iW on the intake side. The latter features a mid-position camshaft lock mechanism which retards the continuously variable valve timing.

Read more:

50 mpg?
Reply to
peutre