6volt choke

Down about 5 sections of parts....... they sell 6V elements apparently. Not easy to find though!!

Reply to
Mac

Hello all.

My sister has a 63 bug with everything still 6volt.

Now that its winter here in Australia, we need the choke more now than ever. The old 6v heater element for the choke burned up long ago, so I went in search for a replacment element. After a quick browse on some local sites and aircooled.net, I can't seem to source a new 6v element.

I'm guessing that a 12v element simply wouldn't heat up running from a

6v system.

Anybody faced this issue before? Do I have to use a tranformer to step up the voltage? Anyone got any simple blueprints to make a device like this myself?

Cheers

Reply to
zigford

Winter!!?? Are you kidding me?? I know their is a time difference from here to Australia, but never knew their was a seasons difference. I would have figured it was hot as could be their right now. So hot here, I'm about to die.

Mac wrote:

Reply to
payments338

And when you have your snowy white christmas, we have a sweltering hot summer chrismas!

Reply to
zigford

Thanks for the link Mac. Althought this is a good answer, it would also be neat to know how to make a transformer.

Can anyone help here, maybe someone with some sparky background?

Thanks

Reply to
zigford

Seasons are opposite on the other side of the equator.

I'm missing my New Hampshire winter right now.....9:30pm and still 91F with

88% humidity.

I want snow. NOW DAMNIT.

Sneaks '68 T1

Reply to
Sneaks

Okay, I have done a bit of searching and found some plans to make this unit.

Does anyone know how much current the 12v element draws? The circuit at the following website can only supply about 800mA, which might not be enough.

zigford