'72 VW engine...Disconnected parts

Hello Group,

I just got a bus and I am trying to figure out where these things connect to.

I own the Idiot's guide and VW service manual, but cannot find a decent diagram which shows me where to connect hoses, etc.

If you can point me in the right direction of ONLINE / book diagrams, or tell me what these parts connect to, I would appreciate it very much.

I have a '72 VW bus. The following parts are disconnected:

1)shallow METAL rectangular box on top, center of engine. With wire clip holding top on. A hose connection is unconnected, coming from the right side of the box. Air pressure comes from this box in puffs while engine is running.

2)there is a hose connection on the left side of the engine, right next to where coil connects to plastic shroud. It points to left side of engine compartment. I haven't checked if pressure or vacuum comes from this connection.

3)Vacuum switch mounted in center of engine compartment on TOP or roof of compartment, right next to heater fan. Has two small hose connections and some wiring connecctions, none of them connected.

4)"charcoal container?" mounted in top of engine compartment. This has two hoses coming from it, neither connected. The container is oval shaped box.

5)Carb on the right has hose connection on top of air cleaner. This hose is plugged on end, and goes nowhere.

6)(fuel pump?) on right side of engine, directly in front of the valve cover. Aluminum device. Bolted to engine.

thanks for any help you can give

Reply to
Rich J.

this two seem familiar:

oil breather. hose should connect to air cleaner.

maybe this is where you should connect the breather?

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Reply to
Ilambert