75 reguar beetle -- how do you clean the fuel injectors?

Hi all. As I am stripping my engine down, I noticed that the injectors are pretty cruddy -- as far as I can tell, they haven't been used since

1991. Are these things cleaned?

I was debating to make a fixture that modulates them (just pulse them at 1000 Hz or so) and push gas with cleaner through them. Or could one dump them in an ultrasonic bath filled with gas? Or is it usually not worth saving them?

Thanks! Remco

Reply to
Remco

You may be better off just running some injector cleaner in the fuel. Much more important: replace EVERY inch of fuel line, including the stubs to the injectors. After a qtr-century, they get pretty brittle. Use only braided hose rated for FI pressures.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks -- I intend to replace all fuel lines.

I can't start the engine so can't run anything through it until it is fixed, so was hoping it could clean them some other way.

Reply to
Remco

and all the vac/air lines... any leaks will wreak havoc...

Reply to
Mel P.