75 Regular beetle -- what is attached to the EGR valve?

Hi again guys.

All the while stripping, I found that the EGR valve's other side is not hooked up to anything. The top of the EGR valve goes to the air intake

- fine. The other side of the valve goes through a pipe through a bend to another pipe. The bottom of this pipe has a flange on a tin. Through the tin it is attached to a flange of a short bent pipe. This pipe appears to be broken -- it almost looks like it should go to a box or something. (maybe a filter?). My muffler was junk and did not have a small flange, so that can't be it.

Could anyone tell me what this broken pipe is supposed to be attached to so I can order one?

Thanks! Remco

Reply to
Remco

Ugh! Why? Go here:

on #21-20 The tin can is a filter and, yes, the flange connects to the muffler assy.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks for that link - that's it!

Why? Need to rebuild the engine.