77' Westy sliding door problems

My 77' Bus sliding door likes to fall right off. I will tell you why it happens, and maybe someone knows what I can do about it. On the lower track where the 2 rollers glide, there is a dip in the metal about 1" across, and when the rollers reach that area, they dip into it and then there is enough clearance for the roller mechanism to come right out of the track. The front part of the door falls to the ground, bending the door as it hits the ground of course. Simultaneously, the roller on top of the door comes out of its track, causing great strain on the roller mechanism on the rear of the door. Thats when the door falls right off on top of you. At that point you are in trouble.. especially if you are by yourself with nobody to help you try to get back on. Anyone else had this problem? How do I correct that little dip in the metal on the lower track. It isnt rusted or anything. This is the 4th bus I have owned, and never had this problem before. And yes, I have adjusted the roller ball on the top of the door as high as it will possibly go! Any advice? Thanks!

Reply to
thunderbird666

I've not seen this when a track wasn't rusted. Its very common with busses with rust issues. They make a replacement track panel to fic the area. My suggestion would be to talk to a body shop. if it is truly solid they should be able to attach a stud puller to it and use a slide hammer to bring the dip back up. If not they can cut the section out and weld in a new piece.

Reply to
Gary Tateosian