A ACVW on a 1000HP dyno.

How to take a pefectly good 1000+ HP Dyno and use it with a VW.

Console and Load Cell Room. Not shown- 600 Gallons of Load Cell Water, 2000 CFM Fans, Two 3 Phase/208V 5 HP Pumps
Currently collecting: HP, Torque, RPM, Fuel Flow, Air Flow, all EGT's, Two

02's, BlowBy, CHT's, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Cell Room Pressures, Temps, Humidity, and some other stuff. 20 Bit resolution on the Strain Gauge and it looks like 1/10 HP Resolution, with good repeatabilty.
jim

4 cylinder motors tend to smash universal joints due to their far spaced power cycles. Just ask Jake Raby! Consider adding a rubber "donut" (rear rubber coupling) as used on Alfa Romeos:
David Gravereaux

David Gravereaux

What U-joints? And since it is a 1000HP dyno that we use for the V8's,, I doubt the 100 to 150 lbs of torque a Vee is going to produce at best will break anything. After about 50 runs it still seems to be doing fine.

Jim SR Racing

Reply to
jim