Advice on what to do next...

Hi Everyone...

I'm Confused.

The engine, interior, and most of the trim are off of the Beetle, and I really don't know what to do next. Do I send the car to the body shop and have all the sheetmetal work done, then do the headliner, and then install the new interior and engine....I am really not sure what to do!

I'm beginning to think that my goal of driving the car by June is going to go out the window soon....

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:24:18 GMT, "Pete Cressman" scribbled this interesting note:

It only need go out the window if you fail to throw enough money at the problem.

Sounds like you know exactly what to do. Once the car is stripped bare then get the body work done, then get the paint done, then start in on the interior. For a good set of instructions on what ought to be done when look at John Henry's site. Re-read about his '57. That's how you do it.

John Willis

OK...It just seems like there are so many different variations of how it should be done. I mean, JH's car was a body-off restoration...I don't have the space or the resources for something that complete...but I will spend some time on his website later today...

Thanks John!

Regards,

Pete

Reply to