Aligning bonnet

1972 Standard Beetle

Just bought some seals as none were fitted when we bought it.

Can see how to fit the seals, but are there any recommended ways to align the front bonnet - I can see four bolts in the hinges but have a horrible feeling that if I start messing I could easily end up with a bigger problem than now.

When closed the drivers side - RHD UK, is high at the back, the bonnet covers the wing bead. Passenger side can get a finger between the bonnet and body from aboue two thirds of the way down to the bottom.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Tony

Reply to
Tony Bennett

...well make sure its tied nice and squarely under her chin....maybe a few tugs near the ears to even things up if necessary....

HTH,

Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

...oh, heres a couple pictures to give ya the general idear. =-))

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

.................Sheesh.............And some here have wondered how I come up with weird stuff.

lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

must be something about those new "yawkers"

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

....................That's upstate new yawkers to you hillbillies out in the under-developed boonies . If you want to see what the downstate types in NYC think of us upstate yokels, check out the bubble-boy episode of Seinfeld. They also refer to us as being from Mayberry sometimes, behind our backs.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Now that the wisecrackers have had their say. :)

First mark the current location of the bolts. Use a pencil or scribe to trace around the bolts. This will give you a reference on how much you've moved it. Then just loosen the bolts and play trial and error, moving each side slightly until it fits to your satisfaction.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Thankyou for your advice Alan, I was starting to worry that what I thought was a sensible question would remain unanswered due to an off first reply hijacking the thread.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Bennett

Sorry, that should be off-topic first reply

Tony

Reply to
Tony Bennett

.................All we did was keep your thread alive until someone who actually knows what he's talking about could answer it.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

a yankee is a yankee, is a yankee....i dont' see a difference, do you?

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

LOL...i agree....a post with no regular responses drops to the bottom of the barrel.....we did our part to keep it visible at the top...