Sad?

"Porsche engine" =8^}

LMAO

Reply to
jjs

......................People really are stupid........some of them.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Looks like some rust on the quarters. I'd be more worried about that then a "porsche engine"

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"

BugBum

Certainly misleading advertising in this context (more likely just plain ignorance), but Ferdinand Porsche did design the VW engine, did he not? (and possibly most of the rest of the vehicle?).

Reply to
Oldbie

"Oldbie" wrote

rest of > the vehicle?).

Franz Reimspiess designed the aircooled flat four engine for Porsche. I seem to remember that he received something like $20 for the design. He also designed the VW logo. Do a Google on that name for more reading on him. Also search on `Reimspeiss', as many websites have it spelled that way, with the `ie' transposed. He's #25 on this `Who's Who of Volkswagen' list:

Scott H

The point is; the fellow is advertising a '60 VW with a stocker as having a Porsche engine and that appears to be not true. I thought perhaps he has a Porsche 356 in there, but I have never seen a 356 with a single carb from a VW. (I have seen one 356 with a single carb but it was not factory built.)

Oh, and Ferdinand Porsche originally considered a radial engine for the People's Car. Very cool idea, but too spendy to build.

Reply to
jjs

lots of dents too, shows a lot more wear than 29k miles would suggest.

though I guess most of that could come from careless storage, got used one to many times as a shelf. Not sure I buy the "never started" bit either.

Would definetly want to see the thing in person before putting money down for it.

Reply to
Seth Graham

hehehe

yup.. designed by Porsche..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Although unlikely, it can happen. Check these two Ghias I saw at Bandimere in 2000:

http://63.230.74.177/cruises/BergCruise2k/31/MVC-006F.JPGhttp://63.230.74.177/cruises/BergCruise2k/32/MVC-004F.JPG http://63.230.74.177/cruises/BergCruise2k/32/MVC-005F.JPGhttp://63.230.74.177/cruises/BergCruise2k/32/MVC-006F.JPG Max

Reply to
Max Welton

................Wow!.......Those are nice. That last pic made my wife ask what I was looking at with my mouth hanging open.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Not as sad as this:

:-)

Reply to
Howard Rose

In the EBay ad, one of the pictures shows the dashboard, and there's a switch added under the dash, just right of the steering column. It's a rotary switch labelled "front" "rear" "both". What does it do?

Reply to
Masqqqqqqq

.......................Back in the sixties & seventies, that was how you 'might' wire front to rear balance control for four or more speakers. In this pic, it looks like there was no adjustment for any balance adjustment when set on 'both'. There was a dual/tandem potentiometer knob switch available in those days that did give true front & rear balance control. This was all aftermarket and often not very good quality.

Reply to
Tim Rogers