Alphies Restoration Update..

Well, finally got off my duff, the pieces are coming back together. will post pictures as we go. Bought and installed (very easy-highly recommended) new wiring harness from Wiring Works ! Correct colors. lengths and 99% of connections included! Sending gas tank off to powder coat this week, ordering new tar boards, and "dynamax" style sound deadener! Will go through top end of motor, and get the interior installed. Bought a small diameter 12 volt generator to replace the 6 volt one in the car. Want it to look as close to original as possible. Shouldnt be too long, looking for a mid December test drive! Took long enough, huh!?

Reply to
vwluvrs

sorry, photos (for the new people here ) can be seen here

vwluvrs

"vwluvrs" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Hey,

looking good!

Is that a late fifties? Looks a lot like mine but then US specs. A lot of flash-backs when looking at those pics.. :-)

Keep up the good work Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Yes, Alphie is a 1958, and we bought her here in Fresno Ca from the people that bought her new here in 58. The pan is RUST free, as is the body (sorry to those of you in the rust belts) We are slowly bringing her back to 'original'.

Reply to
vwluvrs