Alt-Ctrl-Del for car engine?

Finally re-booted the Busaroo today. It came on gradually and so it was something I was just living with, but it's been getting a little rougher and rougher running for many weeks. This past week, it seemed to want to kick back when trying to start it cold. When idling cold, it shuddered and bucked. Every once in awhile, on acceleration, it just hesitated and bucked and generally objected to going along with me on any plans I may have had! After replying to Eduardo's thread, it occurred to me that it might well be time to re-boot the computer. This afternoon I unhooked the battery cable for about 5 minutes then re-connected it, started the engine - it purred so smoothly like it used to when I first did the conversion. It's amazing what garbage those ECU's will "get into their heads" - much like a spoiled little adolescent! Now I'm thinking of adding a reset button somewhere that's easy to access!

-- Dave "Busahaulic" Pearson Fall City, Washington Remove obvious from addy to e-mail

Reply to
Busahaulic

That's a Really excellent Idea!

Someone ought to know which wire/s would do the same thing.................You could actually put three switches in series on it so you have to puch all three at the same time, and lable them Properly........................How cool would that be?

LOL Great post!

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Trust me - I can identify the wires! One of the biggest problems with the conversion is rebuilding the wiring harness. You take *almost* all the harnesses from the entire car, strip them down to where you have what looks like a mountain of spaghetti - imagine about a 50 gallon garbage can full of loosely-stuffed wiring - identify both ends of every circuit you need and set those aside... After all that, start re-assembling the parts you need adjusted by splicing for length. Test each and every wire, plug it all in and try it. Figure out where the problem is, pull it apart again, re-splice the right way, and try it again. Tough job! Stuff like the cam sensor is black/white, but the crank sensor is white/black - both use identical plugs! I had it running but pulled it apart again to eliminate another 30% or so that was excess wire in my engine compartment and the damn thing wouldn't run! Turns out that in consolidating all the ground wires into one section I inadvertently forgot to hook up the ground leads to the ECU! Oops!

Still have a few things that need working out - in my head, I have a couple designs for a fast idle circuit - for cold starts and a step-up for when I use the inverter (85Amp draw!) {For the time being, my fast idle is a small plastic wedge that I place in the throttle linkage. It has a string attached to it so I don't lose it - on the string is a washer acting as a weight. When I blip the gas pedal, the washer pulls the wedge out and fast idle is deactivated! It aint purty, but it works for now!} Still having shifting problems that seem to be engine-movement related, even after adding a front sub-frame and extra two motormounts. When I finish it all and start writing up the details I shall let everyone know. - Dave

switches in series

lable them

many

when

and

along

the

garbage

you mean it is. If you don't, it's its.

either. It's ours, and likewise yours

Reply to
Busahaulic

Now That's What I call Adventure!..............Gotta love ya for the intestinal fortitude anyways. If I could get the herd down to just a few I might actually enjoy doing things like that. Good luck !