Smooooth engine update

Still tinkerin' with Bussy, but have the "heat transfer system" for the incoming cooling air pretty well worked out. Got a temp gauge back at the engine and the thermostatic fan up front at the rad... errr, uh - heat transfer device. When the temp gauge hits 208, the fan comes on. Two more ticks of the temp gauge upward and then it just practically spins around down to 190. The fan has been running about 20 - 40 seconds before it shuts off. Fun to see the delay as the cool wate...uh, "thick air" works its' way back through the pipe... err, "ducting" and cools the engine down.

You know the top hatch of the engine compartment on late busses? I usually have to keep clearing my accumulated junk off of the surrounding area before starting my engine cuz it will all fall in eventually - well, I had the Soobey running for about two hours the other night, with junk piled high up there and about 30 sheetmetal screws just laying right on the edge. Not a one fell in. That sucker is smooth!

Got the axles back on - just a couple more things to tweak before putting him back down on the floor and going out for a spin. I put the rear engine door back on last night - 1st time it's been on since last August!

More after the initial sea trials!

-- Dave "Busahaulic" Pearson Fall City, Washington Remove obvious from addy to e-mail

Reply to
Busahaulic