Am I missing something on this generator?

Hi Thought I would start a new thread since I got the nut of the generator shaft. Doesn't look like the pulley is sitting in the right spot on the shaft and I'm not sure why as it looks like all the manuals I have seen but it is rubbing. I have put some pics on the back of my website here showing the problem

If you guys have time, would you take a look and tell me what you think

i should do here? Thanks a lot

Reply to
scream

Robert

Thanks for that Robert. I go to a metal work nightclass occassionally so maybe I'll try and turn a spacer on the lathe. I think the shaft is a bit long, about 5ml? I dropped a plumb line from where the pulley should be and that seems to be the case.

Reply to
scream