Another cry for help from a VW moron:)

Anyone out there have a spare set of cylinder heads for a 1200cc engine that I could buy (or have if you are really kind:)? Been working on a '63 engine that was on in a field for 10 years and some parts are really rusted together. On head came off easily but the right side is rusted on good so will have to cut some bolts to get it off...and have broken some cooling fins on the head getting to this point. On a related note, is it possible to 'glue' the fin pieces back on or is it a lost cause?

Reply to
Neil Winchell

Can't help you undo the damage, but I can offer a tip for the future: PB Blaster, or Kroil. Spray or pour it on the nut or bolt. Tap. Repeat again, over and over every several hours over a period of a few days and those nuts will turn out very easily. Time is on your side. Take advantage of it.

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Braukuche