brake bleeder valve

Quick question on oval window bleeder valves. How long are they? I can't get one of my valves open (right side rear) and it is definitely shorter than the other three (by mebbe .5 to .75 of an inch). The box end literally cannot get to the nut portion of the valve. Even the socket can't get on it fully enough to loosen. I'm wondering if the other three are correct, or if they are some type of after market (although they look the same as the 4th oddball, except for length). I can't imagine that this oddball is correct. Thanks. - DB

Reply to
DB

Had to invest in $3.14 for a 7mm deep dish socket at the local Sears. Hate to go to Sears since the closest one to me is across the street from FedEx field, but problem solved. Hate the fact the only place to get individual tools is Sears as well. Still can't understand why that valve is so short. - DB

Reply to
DB

What I don't understand is why the shorter valve would require the deeper socket. Seems to me that it should be the other way around.

-

Jim Adney