Another waste of a couple of busses...

Some things just make me shake my head and go "Hmm"/

1955 DD walkthru panel. (Probably a panel, at least. Was difficult to tell. More below.) 1963 deluxe of some kind, at least it had a lot of deluxe parts on it, but wasn't 15 window or anything interesting.

The Story:

199X sometime: they park this out in the back of the property, someone falls a tree that hits the bus lengthways down the middle. Squish!

'Hey, we can still store our old Jeep parts in there! Great! Let's remove this crappy full length middle seat, and rear seat and set them outside! Heck, let's do the same thing to this rear engine apron, with the funny hole in the middle of it.'

2005: "You know, I have a couple busses on my property, come grab parts off them."

Other bus was a 1963 deluxe of some kind-kind of wierd, had a deluxe interior, no trim on the outside, 6 popouts, seemed like a "deluxe kombi" sort of affair.

Good parts: Bumpers off the '63 seem ok, haven't cleaned them up yet. Middle seat from the '63 is salvageable to good.

Almost nothing off the '55 is good, though. :( I am trying to save the driver's side panel doors, but it's looking pretty hopeless at this point. At least the narrow style deluxe chrome handles seem to be OK.

I was able to physically tear most of the '55 bus apart with my bare hands it was so far gone. I *may* be able to salvage a good rust free rear corner from it, needs a lot of straightening, though.

Reply to
Eric Oster