vw tool

I need to reassemble the rear trailing arm and spring plates in my bug. Does anyone know where I could get one of those fluid level protractor things that the Bentley manual shows? George

Reply to
george taylor

Funny you should ask. I'm off to Menards (discount hardware) where I think they have a fair approximation in plastic.

Reply to
jjs

Harbor Freight has 'em as do most tool stores. The one I use has an adjustable dial. I relieve the plate from its stops, let it hang limp and place the protractor level on the plate and zero it. Measure a reference point like from ground to axle. Pull plate off torsion bar and rotate to height adjustment point measurement (OR pull plate & torsion bar together for in-between adjustment) Check the degrees difference from the two measurements and that is what the other side needs to match. Easy. 45 minutes both sides of late bus! -BaH

Reply to
Busahaulic

Busahaulic