AUTOSTICK - Who was looking for one?

Forgot who was looking for an autostick. Think he was in Canada. Here's one with damage and a spare transmission, CHEAP!

It is in Rhode Island, not a long trip for a SE Canadian.

Reply to
jjs

Hi.

Thanks for the heads up on the autostick. Is the rear-end impact an easy fix?

Thanks, Bruno Hache

Reply to
Bruno Haché

Hiya Bruno,

I'm an AutoStick owner and from the pictures and description there seem to be no specific AutoStick concerns other than the one hose. However, unless you have the equipment and experience, the replacement of the rear apron is a job best left to a body shop. Could be a little spendy. You might want to talk to some body repair folks and get an idea of costs involved. Front apron is a similar situation.

Mike

1970 AS Bug
Reply to
Bookwus1

Thanks, that's what I feared the most. I think it might be cheaper to find an undamaged Bug than rebuild one.

Bruno Hache

Reply to
Bruno Haché

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:10:07 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@xyzzy.stafford.net (jjs) scribbled this interesting note:

He could come to Texas and haul one or three home with him. CHEAP!

John Willis

He Could Couldn't he...........????????

I think he's a bit of a lightweight though, considering his new esire is changing to a need for an already ready to drive awesome car with few or no urgent maintenance needs.....................That's what I'm hearing anyway.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:35:32 GMT, MUADIB® scribbled this interesting note:

If everyone could have exactly what he or she wanted at the drop of a hat what would happen to the searching of oneself for that true desire? What would happen to the human drive to always need something more? In short, he can want in one hand and etc., etc., etc...

Unless anyone is willing to lay down some serious cash s/he will not find a car that is ready to be a daily driver.

By way of example we paid about $2,500 for the 1959 Beetle in our driveway. I had to spend somewhere around $500 more just to get the car more or less road worthy. And it still is not a perfect daily driver. It has minimal rust but is in need of a paint job (although it really is a 20 footer!:~) The interior is in good shape, if you like plaid and the color green!:~) It runs well but still has the original

36hp engine so speed is not really a concern here!:~)

To get an ACVW that is a good, solid, daily driver that is only in need of being purchased and driven home and has none of the typical issues associated with P.O.s one will have to expect to spend (adjusted, of course for your location-that is more in the rust belt, less in sunny southern CA.) somewhere around $5,000. At a minimum. Options more. And that does not include any warranty of any kind.................

John Willis

And A Set Of New Tires = - Þ

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 02:30:20 GMT, MUADIB® scribbled this interesting note:

Yeah, well, you gonna' get a set of wheels sandblasted for me and get them powder coated the correct colors??? If you are, then you can help me pay for a set of wide whites to put on them. Don't you think that would set that car off nicely???

John Willis