QUICK HELP - Opinions on SoCal Imports, Long Beach?

I'm looking to purchase some items from the above mentioned company.

Any experience? Good, bad, butt ugly?

Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Larry St. Regis

Waiting for my first (and last) order to arrive.. it's been what, 3-4 years now?

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

i think that puts Jan in the "bad" category...(but he does fit into the "butt ugly" one too, LOL)

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

I can't believe it, 3-4 years? That's amazing. Jan actually paid extra for their express shipping!

Actually, long before I had heard any of the horror stories I ordered some stuff from them. Came quickly and the order was correct and complete but their phone manners blue (trying to clean it up a bit). Wasn't very impressed with either the quality of the parts nor the packing. Would only consider them if I went to their store and looked at the parts in the flesh.

-ANT

Stop that. To reply change my ISP to @hotmail.com

Reply to
ANT

I'm surprised at bad responses. I have always had EXCELLENT results from them. I like them because they have all the stuff others charge a fortune for (Bosch plugs, complete perfect oil change kits, etc.)....I know they're not in aircooled.net's league, but for my '72 daily driver, they're fine. Don't call them on Saturday (busy), and they're Pacific time, but they did help save me $ by not letting me order gastank parts my Super doesn't need. Are you guys sure you're talking about SoCal Imports, as there's another bad company with a similar name...?? paulmbedard@earthlink(nospam).net

Reply to
pmbedard

So cal sucks. I used them once. Send me a bad part.it was a brake rotor. I sent it back to them at my expense and waited forever for the replacement to arrive.meanwhile my beetle was in the driveway for about 6 weeks......................

From what i remember the wait for the order was long, and the quality was so so..........too many other places i can go for maybe slightly higher cost and quicker (and caring) service.

Reply to
Vanagon Man