Was there EVER a 4Motion Jetta available in Canada?

Hi

I'm having a small debate at home... My father claims that the Jetta VR6, with automatic transmission that is sitting on his shop-floor (the car is in storage for the owner of the company he works for) is equipped with a

4Motion system. There is no badging to indicate this as far as I can tell, just the VR6 logo at the back, but he's fairly convinced that it is... My VW driving friends beg to differ, and I highly doubt it as well (but would like to believe it, wouldn't anyone??)...

Can anyone confirm that they never brought over a 4Motion Jetta to Canada... I think it's a 2000-2001 car, possibly 1 year newer or older... The company has capabilities to order cars in Germany quite easily - if it's even possible (if there is a program available for German ordering, you see your car in Germany, then you wait for it to arrive type of deal (I know Volvo had this program, as I've seen it advertised at the dealer (we have a

960 wagon, as well as the VW's)... VW might have a similar program)

BTW I need an answer from someone who has Canadian lineup knowledge, as occasionally we do get cars slightly different from the USA.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

why don't you take a peek under the back end and see if the rear wheels have shafts going to them?

Reply to
Rick De Visser

Never happened.

Reply to
Saintor

YOu can actually just look underneath the car....

Reply to
Biz

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Rob Guenther

You're saying someone there couldnt just look under the car and then you could take their word for it? you never mentioned not having access to the car in your OP. In fact you made it sound like it would be quite easy for you to take your lazy ass down there and check for yourself

Reply to
Biz

Thanks for your reply, I'm done with this thread, I got my answer: no there was no 4-Motion Jetta.

It was much faster posting here then getting someone to look at the car for me (including my own father, who forgot twice already)... And if I had easy access myself, I wouldn't be asking such questions in the first place, I'm not *quite* the "lazy ass" you may think I am.

Reply to
Rob Guenther