Beetles day

Hi All,

Today is supposed to be the beetle's day and we should go for our jobs on our beetles or may be just a ride on the end off the day to celebrate.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I did ride my -73 Beetle to work today (I have driven it every day last two weeks now.)

Reply to
Olli Lammi

So did I... '73 and about 2 weeks now... it's scary... :)

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I am what, 6000 miles away from mine. Bah.

Jan

Reply to
Kidd

real question is, have you had luck finding a job to drive any car too yet? hope so...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Away from your work or away from your -73 beetle?

Reply to
Olli Lammi

I'm self employed, my commute to work in the morning is about 30 feet. However I did drive the Sturmkaefer to the post office and out on one other errand today.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

No job.

Driving an 87 Cherokee.

Right into some mexican girl's rear corner, busting her tail light, and denting the metal real good. Just yesterday. Ohh poop.

20 years on the road without a single accident. I guess it was about time. Naturally, just over a month after arriving to this zoo.

Jan

Reply to
Kidd

6000 miles Away from my (wife's) 68 beetle, and lightyears away from getting a damn job.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

LOL...i'd compare you to millions of other imigrants that plague our roads daily, but i won't because you speak English....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Aren't you Americans a country of immigrants

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Aren't you Americans a country of immigrants

João

hehe...now that you mention it.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

:D

Mil gracias, jefe ;)

Jan

Reply to
Kidd

Any native americans reading this say "how" :P

Jan

Reply to
Jan

I understand that if you pretend to know nothing but Spanish, there are lots of jobs.

On the argument that the US is a country of immigrants, I say Phooey.

I did not migrate here from anywhere. I was Born here. How would that make me an immigrant? I'm guessing there was a time when almost all of the earth's inhabitable areas were empty and beings migrated to them due to that factor. I am NATIVE to the US. My nacestry goes back to scotland somewhere , but I have never been outside the US. NOT ONCE in my life.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

..............Spain stole Texas from the Indians. The Mexicans stole it from the Spanish.You guys stole it from the Mexicans. The USA stole it from you guys. Us Yankees kept you guys from taking it back during the Civil War. Now, the Mexicans are taking it back all over again.

History is entertaining unless you're the one that's losing!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Actually the Mexican state of Tejas broke away from Mexico by winning a civil war. Later the Republic of Texas joined the United States of America and traded in their war debt for political power. Along with the deal, the USA got New Mexico and Arizona. That's the short version and nobody stole anything from Mexico.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

.............You'd have a real tough time finding any Mexicans who agree with your civil war theory of what happened in 1836.

.......Not one of the killed or wounded Tejas rebels at the Battle of San Jacinto had a Hispanic surname. Every single one of them was an emigrant from the USA.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

The former US citizens agreed to take on Mexican citizenship when accepting land in Tejas. Also there was a large group of Mexican nationalist that fought along with the rebelling emigrants. whether or not you accept it, Tejas broke away from Mexico in a civil war and stood on their own for a number of years before joining the union.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I still don't rightly care what the history of it is. I was born here, as were my parents and their parents..............Now before that I am unsure, and don't rightly care 'bout that either. I am NATIVE to my land and country. Anyone have a hard time seeing things that way unto their own situation? I am not looking to take anything from anyone. I don't owe anyone anything I have. I worked hard for what I have.

I am not bound to posession as much as that either. But, until it is found that one power takes the land from another and calls it something new, and makes my land someone elses, I am here, and intend to stay here. If Mexico wants it, then let her have a go of it and let's get this possession thing taken care of and get back to living.

I suspect that Mexico doesn't want it, doesn't claim it, and loves the fact that the tax payers here are willing to keep subsidizing their economy. It's really not that hard to understand.

This whole "who it belongs to thing, is teh same as it's always been. Someone has it, others want it. Til the "others" try to take it, it will saty that way. If they decide to try and take it and succeed, then they will be the ones who lose it next, when someone bigger and stronger takes it from them. Caveman crap.

Right now, the US seesm to be the biggest and baddest as far as strengths and technology are concerned, hence, the US is the one that has what they want. They don't have everything, as it wouldn;t do much to have all of it and all of the burden of alll of it. Although the US does bare more burden than any other country ever has or does now.

I'm stopping here........you guys kick each other around. If it comes to someone wanting to forceably take what I have, I will have to consider whether it is important enough to fight for it or not.

Later, Scott, A UNITED STATES NATIVE