bench mounted engine stand

I did a goggle search but came up empty. I know this is one of those dumb questions but I have to ask. I bought one of those bench mounted stands. how do you mount the engine to it? the 2 bottom studs on the fly wheel side are not far enough apart to mount the stand to it. Did I get a cheaply made stand and have to customize it or does it mount some place else? Thanks David

Reply to
David

mount it to the two bolts on the left hand case half.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Eduardo Thanks, did you receive those pages I emailed you David

Reply to
David

yes!

from that pages I know know I have a mixture of old and new parts. That my left trailing arms are pre-60 and take 10 shims and the right ones are post-60 and take 8 :)

i patched it up as best as I could with the parts I have and will buy a proper link pin shim kit in aircooled.net next month to do it right.

many thanks...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski