engine stand placement

Hi, my long awaited short block got home yesterday and looking at the manual, it says to mount the engine on its left side at the ps bracket...that seems a bit odd as I have always seen engines mounted via the back end. does it matter? it seems better to go for the back end...also what size bolts are needed?

tia, peter

Reply to
peter

The reason they say to mount it from the side is probably so you can get at the rear of the crankshaft for seal installation or flywheel and clutch mounting. I always mount my engines on the engine stand from the rear and then hang them on the engine hoist when I need to work on the back. Use the same size bolts (diameter wise) as are on the engine. I always buy other bolts to hold the engine instead of using the ones that are part of the engine assembly. I do this mainly because the mounting brackets on the engine stand are usually made in such a way that the stock engine bolts would be too short.

Reply to
John

thanks john

Reply to