Best source for Karmann Ghia floorpans?

I'm ready to buy some floor pans for my 66 Ghia. I also need the seat rails. I've found 4 sources for them:

  1. Rocky Mountain Motorworks 0 each half
  2. KGP&R

701-059 ALL RP Floor Pan, Half Section, Left (Danish) $195.00

701-060 ALL RP Floor Pan, Half Section, Right (Danish) $195.00 701-472 ALL RP Floor Pan, 36"l x 25"w, Rear, Right $73.50 701-479 ALL RP Seat Track, Inner Left (DRIVER SIDE) $59.95 701-480 ALL RP Seat Track, Inner Right (PASSENGER SIDE) $59.95 701-481 56 68 RP Seat Track, Outer Left (DRIVER SIDE) $59.95 701-481 69 74 RP Seat Track, Outer Left (DRIVER SIDE) $59.95 701-482 56 68 RP Seat Track, Outer Right (PASSENGER SIDE) $59.95 701-482 69 74 RP Seat Track, Outer Right (PASSENGER SIDE) $59.95
  1. California Import Parts

4. M&T manufacturing:
Does anyone know the best source of floor pans for my car? I'd like the most original, thickest metal I can get. Also, I'd like to find some with the seat rails already installed.

thanks, Wilfred

Reply to
Wilfred Johnson

Since you need seat tracks, KGP&R may be your best bet. I believe they are the only place to get new seat tracks (they are specially made for KGP&R). New Ghia pans are not available with seat tracks attached, so you will have to have them welded on. The people at KGP&R are pretty knowledgable about Ghias and are generally good people to deal with, so call them up and ask them questions about this matter. Personally, I would avoid Rocky Mtn Motorworks, especially now that they have been acquired by the Real Source. They tend to be overpriced and not very knowledgable.

If you wanted to go the used route, give revolks.com a try. A lot of times they'll have floor pans from junk cars that are ok, and they may have the seat tracks attached. However, this may be more expensive and the pans wouldn't be perfect and new.

Hope this helps.

Dane Tyler

Reply to
Dane Tyler

...........Hey Dane. Is there any news on the '66 ghia that was stolen from you a few months ago?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Nope, no news to report of. Its still missing. There's no telling where its at now.

Reply to
Dane Tyler

I talked to KGP&R. They said that the floorpans are Danish. But California Import Parts say that theirs are Danish also and they are $75 cheaper for each half. Does anyone know if they are the same? I'd like to save $150 if they are the same thing.

Does anyone have any reference photographs of a 1966 K. Ghia? Mine was highly customized and I need to figure out how certain parts of the car are supposed to look (like the dash board).

Wilfred

Reply to
Wilfred Johnson