Blue Loctite Removal - Help Please!

Hello! How do you chemically remove 'Blue Loctite'?

I applied some to the terminals on my VDO dual terminal oil pressure sender to prevent the two round fastener nuts from coming loose.

I broke my other oil pressure sender when I tried to remove the same nuts. They had been overtightened.

I was thinking of using a few drops of carb cleaner to remove the Loctite and/or heat it first with a hot air gun before attempting removal of the round terminal fasteners.

I was thinking of doing this first on a small nut and bolt to see how it works.

TIA Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
Jim347a

If the heat gun doesn't work, I would try a soldering iron/gun to apply localized heat to the brass nut.

A soldering gun could have the copper heating "loop" trimmed/shaped to fit in the tight space.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Hmmmm Blue Loctite should not be that hard to remove. Chemicals like maybe Acetone (fingernail polish remover) might work but getting it inbetween a stud and nut might require soaking. Yes a soldering gun heating up the nut should help. ;-)

WOW is that Speedy Jim back? One of your first posts that is always helpful! ;-) Welcome back and keep 'em coming!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I've used acetone to clean up blue loctite but it might not penetrate into the threads much.

Reply to
Michael Cecil