Brake problem on rear right wheel

When I take my beetle for a ride the brakes the work normally with no noise, but after driving for about 10 km I begin to ear a gride noise when I brake, each time the wheel makes one turn on the rear right wheel. The drum was removed and found nothing and the noise disappeared for a while. Now it is back again and the noise is higher and begins sooner as the time goes by. I think that before I replace all the brake lines and shoes that wheel was overheated because the brake line of that wheel was blocked. Can it be a problem on the bearings? . That wheel is a little hotter then the other when I park the car and have more negative camber. It doesn?t shake but I felt a small vibration this weekend at speed of 120 Km/h

Joao

Joao Eliseu

I could be way off base here, but remember reading somewhere (book or site)that the brakes are prone to grind when the axle nut is not tightened.. Remco

Reply to
Remco

I know that and that is why I don't understand the problem. After reassembly the drum it worked well for a month and then gride noise returned.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

but after driving for about 10 km I begin to ear a gride noise when I brake, each time the wheel makes one turn on the rear right wheel.

Now it is back again and the noise is higher and begins sooner as the time goes by.

Check that the wheel cylinder retaining bolt is correctly tightened. I had this same problem on my 74 super several years ago.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Thanks Chris,

I will check that next week. I have several things to check on engine, because I made about 1500km after rebuild, put new heater cables and reset the rear suspension. I will be alone at home (no wife and sons around) so I will have time to that. I also have a list of thing to be done at home :-)

Joao

Joao Eliseu