Briggs and Stratton!

Always preferred to use monograde oil( for no overwhelming reason) for the T3 but its as rare as the proverbial in Aust. Was over at the local Hardware shop and noticed
Briggs and Stratton have on the market Monograde 30 SAE high detergency oil for "aircooled 4 stroke motors"! Obviously intended for lawnmowers but forgot to look at what specs it had. Was only $32 aust for 4 litres, cheaper than I paid a few years ago for "real" oil. Container didnt say who manufactured it or else I,d chase it up. John
John wrote:

No doubt better lubricity than when the engine was designed. Can't quite see why there's a dearth of single-weight oil in Australia though, to be honest, I haven't really looked here. I only use multigrade full synthetic. Does your region have very large temperature variations? Chris
Very mild temp variations I suspect compared to States or UK. Anywhere from a freezing 4 deg C to stinking hot 35 deg C!!!!!. Scarcity is probably more related to almost no (none?) vehicles using monograde these days. John